DONATE TO WIN RULES
DONATION OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS 18 AND OLDER OF ILLINOIS ONLY.
The Destination Destiny Giveaway (“Giveaway”) is sponsored by Destination Destiny (“Sponsor”).
1) Eligibility: Giveaway open to legal residents of Illinois that are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, directors, board members, and officers of Sponsor and their immediate family members (including mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, son or spouse), and any other persons involved in the administration or promotion of the Giveaway, regardless of where they live; or persons who reside in the same household, whether related or not, are not eligible.
2) All times to be determined by Sponsor’s clock. Persons who meet the eligibility requirements and have read and accepted the Official Rules may enter the Giveaway through either of the following methods of entry (each an “Entry”, collectively, “Entries”):
- Donating online to the Expose & Impact Trip through its website at www.destinationdestiny.net. Entries made by commercial Giveaway subscription notification and/or entering service sites, are ineligible. Entrants are responsible for any charges of online service providers or wireless carriers. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected or scrambled Entries. Incomplete Entries will not be accepted. All Entries become property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. By submitting an Entry, each entrant represents and warrants that he/she has read and accepted these Official Rules; or
- Mailing your donation and including in such donation a statement clearly indicating that you would like to be entered into the Destination Destiny Giveaway and providing your first and last name, street address, email address and phone number. Letter must be post marked by the deadline for entry.
3) Selection of Winners: Two (2) random drawings will be will be held on or about August 3 and August 17 from all eligible Entries received during the Entry Periods. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries. All prizes will be awarded. Limit one (1) prize per person. By participating, entrants agree that Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Giveaway. All entries become Sponsor’s property and will not be returned.
All prizes awarded “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE”, and without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. All federal, state and local taxes and duties are the winner’s responsibility. Any expense incurred in connection with the redemption or use of a prize is the responsibility of the winner. A prize may not be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash, except that Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value due to prize availability. Without limiting the foregoing, the prizes do not include transportation to and from the destinations where winners will redeem or use their prizes, parking at any such destinations, or rental cars, food and beverages, taxes, tips, telephone calls, souvenirs or other incidental expenses. All of the foregoing are the responsibility of the prize winners. You acknowledge that an awarded prize may be subject to cancellation or postponement due to weather conditions, acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other reason. Destination Destiny is not responsible for cancellation or postponement of any awarded prize, and Destination Destiny will have no obligation to you in the event that your awarded prize is cancelled or postponed. The terms and conditions of the company issuing the awarded prize govern in the event an awarded prize is cancelled or postponed. Winners and their guests, if applicable, may be required to comply with additional terms and conditions of the issuing company of a prize to redeem or use the prize. You and your guest agree to comply with all applicable rules and regulations relating to the awarded prize and use of same and, in accordance therewith, agree not to act in any manner prohibited by the issuing company of the awarded prize, or with any intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person present when you redeem and/or use your awarded prize. Destination Destiny will have no obligation to you if you are removed or denied the ability to redeem or fully realize the value of your awarded prize due to your inability to follow the issuing company’s rules and regulations.
4) Notification of Winners: Potential winners will be notified by email or telephone. All potential winners are subject to Sponsor’s verification of eligibility and compliance with law. Each winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release, and to provide their Social Security Number or Taxpayer Identification Number for tax reporting, within 7 days of notification, or winner’s prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. In the event a potential winner is deemed ineligible or unable to accept a prize for any reason, a new potential winner will be selected following the procedures outlined above. Prize will be delivered to winner, or made available for winner’s use, by email or mail.
6) Release: By participating in the Giveaway, entrants agree that Sponsor and its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, board members, employees, affiliates, agents and successors (collectively, “Sponsor Entities”) will have no liability or responsibility and are hereby released from any liability or responsibility for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from the Giveaway or the prize; and to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor Entities against any claims of liability arising directly or indirectly in connection with the Giveaway, any prize awarded or use of any prize. By accepting a prize, each winner agrees, where lawful, that Sponsor Entities may use winner’s name, likeness, biographical information, voice, winning entry and statements attributed to winner (if true), for publication, advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration. Each entrant expressly waives California Civil Code § 1542, or any other statute of similar import or effect, that otherwise may exclude unknown claims from this release, as follows:
I acknowledge that I am familiar with the provisions of California Civil Code § 1542, which provides as follows: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” I, being aware of said code section, hereby expressly waive any rights I may have thereunder, as well as any other statute or common law principles of similar effect.
7) Administration of Giveaway: Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or modify this Giveaway. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures or any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any website or on-line service, or any other error or malfunction, or late, lost, incomplete, illegible or misdirected entries. If Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that there is any suspected or actual tampering with the Giveaway or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Giveaway, Sponsor reserves the right to void the entries at issue and/or terminate or modify the Giveaway and/or conduct a random drawing to award any prizes using all eligible entries received as of the termination date. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this Giveaway is unlawful and subject to legal action. Sponsor is not responsible for any computer or human error which compromises the administration or proper play of the Giveaway. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
8) List of Winners: For a list of winners or copy of these Official Rules, send a self addressed stamped envelope with your request to, 333 West North Ave, Suite 330, Chicago, IL 60610. The list of winners also will be posted on the Sponsor’s website at www.destinationdestiny.net. List of winners will be available before or by August 31, 2017.
9) Disputes: The Agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without regard to its conflict of law provisions, except as to matters relating to arbitration, which shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act. Any dispute with any of the Sponsor Entities arising out of or related to the Giveaway or any prize will be decided only by arbitration, individually and not on a class-wide basis. No claim may be brought on a class-action basis or using class action procedures. Any arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association and will take place in Chicago, Illinois. The remedy for any claim concerning this Giveaway or any prize is limited to actual damages. In no event shall any party be entitled to punitive, exemplary, consequential or incidental damages, or attorney’s fees or other costs in any dispute arising out of or related to the Giveaway or any prize.
10) Entire Agreement: These Official Rules and the winners’ affidavit and releases serve as an agreement with Sponsor and reflect the entire understanding between entrants and Sponsor concerning the Giveaway and the subject matter hereof. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these agreements will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provisions, which will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of this agreement will not constitute a waiver of that term or any other term. No modification or waiver of the terms of this agreement shall be effective unless made in a writing signed by all parties.
11) Giveaway sponsored by Destination Destiny, with an address of 333 West North Avenue, Suite 330, Chicago, IL 60610